Over the duration of this 12 weeks full time we take you from zero to hero so that you graduate cutting men’s hair at an advanced level. The main topics covered include scissor cuts, skin fading, razor touch ups, facial hair, wet shaving, advanced men’s haircuts and styling, cutthroat wet shaving, beard trimming, consultations, a fading competition and a final presentation.
Lazarou qualifies many barbers every year. Our results-driven training approach is proven and entirely hands-on practical training. This means you won’t be spending all your time in books studying theory.
Our pro educators will be at your side at all times to supervise, build confidence, progress your skill level and deliver exceptional results. Classes are between 6 to 9 students, with students of all ages and both genders.
- Stage - We teach you the Lazarou fundamentals of cutting men’s hair with scissors and clippers. You will be introduced to all tools of the trade, how to properly hold each one and to use them properly. You will then learn to section the hair on the head, and you will practice techniques on a mannequin head.
- Stage - You will practice these techniques hands-on, on real clients that are provided to you by the academy. With each service you have our pro trainer at your side giving direct feedback and support. We also use trainer demonstrations to give you the opportunity to watch the pro and ask questions throughout the service. At this stage you will be assessed on your haircuts to be completed to standards sufficient to earn your NVQ Level 2 qualification.
- Stage - You next progress to focusing on refining and finishing techniques. We teach you methods to put your signature to haircuts through drying, styling, and finishing techniques. You will be assessed on the overall quality of your haircuts that must be passed according to the Lazarou standard, based on a range of 10 factors. You participate in a class competition where you will present your best haircut against peers and be rated. The outcomes of this stage will determine your final grade for your Lazarou Diploma in Barbering Level 2.
- Stage - We move onto more advanced level 3 skills. You will learn cutthroat wet shaving, advanced fading, advanced scissor cuts, and advanced styling. This stage will push you both technically and creatively. The format here is the same as before, in which we provide you clients to practice on and also use demonstrations to break down advanced cutting methods so that you master the techniques. At the end of this stage you will prepare a model* based on a theme, and you will present him on stage in front of an audience to show your creative flair and technical expertise.
The course covers the following advanced aspects of barbering:
- Creating a range of popular advanced hair styles: We will push you creatively to think outside the box on how to combine different skills and techniques to produce a unique style that is personal to you as a men’s stylist. You will use advanced clipper, fading and scissor techniques.
- Reducing speed while still producing a quality haircut: We will teach you to produce a fantastic haircut in an industry standard time through use of time saving techniques and better understanding of how to structure a haircut from start to finish.
- Execute cutthroat wet shaving & beard trimming services: We will teach you the art of grooming facial hair, whether a full-grown beard or a full-face shave. You will understand all the required steps and abide by the current hygiene standards.
- Advanced customer service, client care and consultation: We will teach you proper etiquette to make your service more than just a haircut, so that you can maximise your client retention.
- Product selling tips and strategies: We will give you the product knowledge needed to pick the right product for the right look. We will then show you how to combine product selling & recommendation with your service so that you can maximise the overall revenue from your client.
By the end of the course you will be confident after completing up to 200 real live haircuts. We provide students all clients which means that you spend your time focused on developing your skill.
You also will provided free access to proprietary Lazarou step-by-step videos to supplement your academy training.
Full Time: 12 weeks, specific dates TBA. For more information email email@example.com.
Price: £ 4650 +VAT
- VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
Going abroad - VTCT NVQ Level 2 Diploma in barbering is an internationally recognised qualification which helps you find work not just in the UK but also abroad.
We provide support to help you find a job - we are not only here to help you learn the skills but also to succeed in employment. This involves helping you build a photo portfolio of your cuts. Additionally, we give you access to our network of barbershops who recruit from our graduates. After the course our students go on to getting jobs at barbershops, and some even have opened their own flourisihing shops.
We accept overseas students visiting on tourist visas and can provide housing options. If you are from a country that is part of the European Union then you likely will be able to travel to the UK without obtaining a separate visa. If you are from outside the EU you will need to apply for a tourist travel visa from the UK government, which you can do here: www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
Masters in Barbering | 12 weeks | Beginners NVQ2+3
No entry requirements.
Comb, Scissors, Clippers, Foils, Cut Throat. Other materials will be provided by Lazarou Training Academy.