Lazarou has qualified many barbers every year for 53 years. Our results-driven training approach is proven and entirely hands-on. This means you won’t be spending all your time in books studying theory.
Our pro educators will be at your side at all times to supervise, build confidence, progress your skill level and deliver exceptional results. Classes are between 6 to 9 students, with students of all ages and both genders.
You will graduate cutting hair at a premium standard well above the NVQ level so that you can work immediately in a shop upon graduation. You will execute advanced hair styles outside of an NVQ2 standard, like zero-fades and razor touch-ups.
Full Time: 9 weeks, specific dates TBA. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Part Time: 28 weeks, specific dates TBA. For more information email email@example.com
Price: £ 2999 +VAT
- VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
This complete barbering course includes:
- Cutting techniques: classic and creative
- Scissor work: scissor over comb, texturising, layering and building the structure of a haircut
- Clipper work: 2-back and sides, clipper over comb
- Fading: zero-fades, 1-fades, 1.5-fades
- Razor touch ups
- Beard and moustache trimming
- Advanced disconnected haircuts
- Style and finishing techniques
- Shampooing and conditioning the hair and scalp
- Consultation skills
- Health & Safety
- Stage - learn cutting techniques on training headblocks and watch expert demos; deconstruct the steps of haircuts.
You will complete stage 1 upon a theoretical coursework and exams.
- Stage - transition haircuts from headblocks onto real live clients with a focus on techniques such as scissor-over-comb, clipper work, fading, layering and texturising; teacher support with common mistakes and challenges.
At this stage you will be assessed on your haircuts to be completed to standards sufficient to earn your NVQ Level 2 qualification.
- Stage - become proficient in haircuts, learn tricks of the trade, and personalise haircuts; teacher support with refining cutting techniques; focus on finishing and cutting speed.
You will be assessed on the overall quality of your haircuts that must be passed to an LSB standard. For the daytime course, at the end of week 9 you will participate in a class fade competition where you will present your best haircut against peers and be rated.
By the end of the course you will be confident and experienced after completing up to 150 real live haircuts (depending on student speed), under the support of exceptional barber trainers.
To supplement your academy training, we will provide you free access to proprietary Lazarou step-by-step videos.
Going abroad - Lazarou’s NVQ Level 2 Diploma in barbering is an internationally recognised qualification which helps you find work not just in the UK but also abroad.
We provide support to help you find a job - we are not only here to help you learn the skills but also to succeed in employment. This involves helping you build a photo portfolio of your cuts. Additionally, we give you access to our network of barbershops who recruit from our graduates. After the course our students go on to getting jobs at barbershops, and some even have opened their own flourishing shops.
We accept overseas students visiting on tourist visas and can provide housing options. If you are from a country that is part of the European Union then you likely will be able to travel to the UK without obtaining a separate visa. If you are from outside the EU you will need to apply for a tourist travel visa from the UK government, which you can do here: www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
Diploma in Barbering | 9wk or 28wk | Beginners NVQ2
Complete beginners wishing to become a shop-ready barber or men’s stylist. There are no entry requirements.
Total Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 461 hours
Comb, Scissors, Clippers, Foils, Cut Throat. Other materials will be provided by Lazarou Training Academy.